Saturday, January 12, 2008

Fight the good fight?

I have booked my seat on the coach and will hopefully be going to the Rally in London on 23rd January. I have had a letter back from the MP in which he says, "My own personal view is that the recommendations of the Police Arbitration Tribunal should be honoured and I will continue to press the Home Secretray when possible." So that's good.
I understand that up to 6000 officers will be attending and I heard just the other day that they want to stand in front of Buckingham Palace and declare once again their attestation oath. Maybe it will be even more than 6000 but whatever the number it will be a considerable spectacle.
I note that the editorial in the Police Federation magazine for January 2008 describes the Home Secretary as a 'puppet-on-a-string' - which is not very complementary. I hope and pray that all the officers in London's Rally will retain the dignity and integrity of their office and in every way be ambassadors for the service as they pursue their desire to see our government act with the same dignity and integrity that they espouse.

No comments: